Congrats on getting done with your finals! Not an easy task sometimes. But on the topic of today’s post, I was recently asked what I thought about students taking o-chem classes over the summer. This is not an easy “yes or no” question, and definitely depends on the student. Here are some of the considerations:
1. It is only usually 5 weeks long.
2. If you are not working this summer, it is much better than just sitting around doing nothing.
3. If you are not majoring in chemistry and don’t want to go to med school, it is a great way to get it out of the way quickly.
1. If you ARE majoring in chem, it is very easy to forget everything that you learned in the class because you crammed it all into 5 weeks.
2. Classes are usually at least 3 hours per day, plus homework every night and an exam once a week. This can be overwhelming.
1. If you get a bad prof, keep the hemlock close.